A cost of not following Jesus is being lost in and consumed by the darkness of this world. But the Light of the world has come so that those who believe in Him could pass from darkness to light, from death into life.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that was particularly challenging, encouraging, or beneficial to you?
- Physically speaking, what is darkness? Spiritually speaking, what is it? What does it mean to be in the kingdom of darkness?
- Read and discuss the following passages: John 1:1-14, John 3:16-21, John 8:12, John 9:1-5. What do you learn about the person and work of Jesus through these verses? Why is He referred to as “the Light”? Why would someone “[love] darkness instead of light”?
- How does Scripture serve as “a lamp for my feet, a light on my path” (Psalm 119:105)?
- In this present age where moral discernment seems to be in low supply, how can we keep our ways pure, pursue good, and avoid wickedness?
- Read and discuss Pastor Mike’s statement called “Controlling the Cultural Narrative” (linked below). Why do the lies of Satan seem to be so easily accepted by a society? What is a biblical way to respond?
- Spend some time praying that those lost in the kingdom of darkness would find the true Light and true Guide and enter the kingdom of God’s dear Son.