A cost of not following Jesus is that you will have a restless soul and troubled conscience. People who are at rest have an insatiable desire for the Word, a devoted prayer life, a care-less attitude about the things of this world, and a nonjudgmental spirit toward people who are not as mature as they are.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- What does the phrase “kingdom of God” mean you you? What is kingdom living? How is kingdom living “upside down”?
- Read and discuss Matthew 11:28-30. What is Jesus inviting us to in these verses? Why is this significant?
- In what ways is the world “restless”? In what ways do you struggle to rest? How can we find rest for our souls in a restless world?
- Have you ever spent time with a person who is at rest in the Lord? What characteristics did you note in their life?
- Is resting in Jesus a reality in your life? Why or why not?
- What does it cost to follow Jesus? What has it cost you?
- Read and discuss Matthew 6:24-26. What is the cost of not following Jesus?
- When was the last time you met with Jesus and learned from Him?