Taking God Seriously, Part 3
Obedience is a key part of the Christian life, and God enables us in whatever He has called us to. It is not our purpose as Christ-followers to pass moral judgement on the world and society at-large. Rather, we are to uphold the testimony of the Gospel by holding fellow Christians accountable to obedience to the Word of God.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What's one thing from this sermon that you hope we talk about as a group?
- Read and discuss Jonah 3. What do you learn about the nature of God? What do you observe about the nature of man?
- In Jonah 3:1, what is the significance of God coming to Jonah a "second time"?
- Can a person take God seriously without obeying Him? What role does obedience play in the Christian life?
- Do you think Christians are known most for what we are against, rather than what we are for? Why?
- Discuss this statement. Do you agree or disagree and why? "As followers of Christ, we do not have the right to impose our moral views on society."
- Has God ever given you a specific calling to do or be something or to go somewhere?
- Have you been obedient to that calling? If yes, how did you experience God's enabling? If no, how can your small group encourage you toward obedience?