The resurrection of Jesus Christ matters for every single moment of our lives. It gives us hope and a purpose.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- How might knowledge of the future inform how you live today? What examples can you think of?
- Read and discuss 1 Corinthians 15:50-58. What do these verses tell you about you? What do they tell you about Jesus?
- How is Paul giving us a panoramic view of life in these verses? Why is this important?
- How can “FOMO” – fear of missing out – cripple us with discontentment? How have you experienced this in your life?
- Do you ever feel like our promised resurrection through Jesus seems too good to be true? Why? How do you work through that?
- Discuss this statement: We will live out what we believe. How have you seen this to be true? What does your life demonstrate about your beliefs? What needs to change?
- In light of the reality of Jesus’ past resurrection and our future resurrection, now what? What are the implications for us today?
- How does the gospel of Christ liberate us from the expectation of finding temporary contentment here and now?
- Spend some time in prayer about what you’ve discussed. Ask Him to reveal areas of change that need to take place in your life. Pray for the Lord to encourage and empower you to live out your belief in Him in light of the resurrection.