There is no shelf life for eternal life.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Read and discuss 1 Corinthians 3:1-9, 1 John 2:15, Hebrews 5:11-14. What does this tell us about us? What does it tell us about about God? What encouragements or warnings are here for us to heed?
- What does it mean to be “born again”? Why is this important?
- Why do you think some people grow spiritually in the Christian life, while others do not seem to?
- How would you describe your current season of spiritual growth? Are you on a diet of spiritual milk or meat?
- Who are our three basic enemies in the Christian life? How does each one tend to operate? Which do you struggle with the most?
- Do you tend to see your life as a Christ-follower as being on a cruise ship or a battleship? Why?
- Do you feel like your general trajectory in life is with or against the current of culture? What course adjustments do you need to make?
- When does eternal life begin? What impact should this have on our spiritual growth in Christ?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Pray that the Lord would help you see your life as He does. Ask Him to reveal any areas that need “recalculating” as you walk with Jesus.