In Luke 24, the risen Jesus walked with two disciples and “explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.” Their response – “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?” May we, too, know what it is to have burning hearts for the Son of God from the Word of God.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read Luke 24:13-35. What might this tell you about the nature of man? What does it tell you about Jesus Christ?
- Can you think of examples of people in the Bible who had "Son burn"?
- In what ways do we tend to apply "Son block" and shy away from the Word of God? How can we keep ourselves from falling into such excuses?
- The Scriptures refer to itself under a variety of analogies (lamp, hammer, water, sword, light, milk, meat, etc.) What others can you think of? What particular analogy do you resonate with in regards to Scripture?
- What is your particular area of "Son burn"? What topics in Scripture do you find yourself particularly passionate about?
- Would you categorize this season of your life as "on fire" for Kingdom of God? Why or why not? Spend some time in prayer for yourself and for those around you, that your hearts would "burn within" for Jesus.