Ruth: A Story of God’s Redemptive Love, Part 1
In Ruth Chapter 1, Naomi and her daughter-in-law Ruth suffer the tragedy of losing their husbands. But Naomi’s honest faith and Ruth's unyielding loyalty pave the way for royal line of the Messiah.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- How can we become people whom others want to "follow" through life with such eager commitment as Ruth's? Do you know any people like that?
- Read Ruth 1:11-13 and 20-21 and discuss Naomi's reaction to her circumstances. What do her words reveal about her walk with Lord? Can you think of other examples in Scripture where people responded similarly? Do you ever express yourself to God like that?
- Have you ever had a season in life where you felt called to abandon all that you know to follow God's plan? Did you go?
- Read Ruth 1:15-17. What does this section reveal about Ruth's persistent faithfulness to Naomi?
- What are some ways you can already see in this section that God is using the lives of these two women to prepare the way for Christ's arrival on earth?