Love is the prerequisite to a fuller understanding of Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss Colossians 2:1-5. What do these verses tell us about Jesus? What do they indicate about the nature of man?
- What do you tend to "contend for" or "agonize over" (v. 1)? Do these things draw you toward Christ and His church, or push you away?
- What is the significance, importance and the result of being "united in love" (v. 2)?
- What is the relationship between wisdom & knowledge (v. 3)?
- What "fine-sounding arguments" (v. 4) might we deal with today? How do these pull us away from being rooted in Christ?
- Is there anything holding you back from seeking out the deep riches of Jesus? Is there anything keeping you from being "united in love" with fellow believers? How does the gospel address or apply to these obstacles?
- Spend some time in prayer thanking God for revealing Himself to us in Christ. Pray that He would encourage our hearts toward being united in love, that we might know Christ and make Him known all the more.