To the degree that you don’t know Christ, you will trust in other things.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Throughout the course of this teaching series, what has particularly impacted you from the book of Colossians?
- What verse(s) would you consider the key verse(s) from each chapter of Colossians?
- Read and discuss Colossians 1:27. Why is Christ the "hope of glory"? What is biblical hope?
- How is hope dulled by unbelief? Where in your walk with Christ do you struggle with unbelief?
- Read and discuss Colossians 2:13-14. What does this section tell us about forgiveness and the gospel? What are the practical implications for your life?
- In what ways do you allow the gospel to become dulled by familiarity? How can we keep that from happening?
- Read and discuss Colossians 3:1-4. What do these verses tell us about an eternal focus? How does temporal experience dull our focus on eternity?
- Read and discuss Colossians 4:1-5. What do these verses have to do with missions? If our passion for missions is dulled by distance, what are some things you and your Shepherd Group can do to "close the gap"?
- "To the degree that you don't know Christ, you will trust in other things." How have you found this to be true? How does the gospel give us grace to deal with this?