Everyone has a platform to proclaim the "mystery of Christ." What gospel inroads has God given you?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read and discuss Colossians 4:2-6 . What do these verses tell you about yourself? What do they tell you about Jesus?
- Would you consider prayer a strength or a weakness in your walk with the Lord? Why? How do these verses instruct us in the area of prayer?
- Have you had any recent opportunities to "proclaim the mystery of Christ" (v. 3)? What happened?
- What does it mean to "walk in wisdom toward outsiders" (v. 5)? Do you make the best use of your time with those who do not know Jesus? How can you grow in this area?
- What does it mean to be gracious in speech (v. 6)? Do you consider your words generally to be "seasoned with salt"? How do you need to grow in this area?
- "God did not come to heal all your pain, but to give you the grace to get through the pain." Have you experienced this? How do you respond to that statement? How can pain become a platform for the gospel?
- What "gospel inroads" has God given you? What do you need to do in faith & obedience to make the most of those opportunities?
- Spend some time in prayer about the things you've discussed. Ask God to give you opportunities to proclaim Christ in clear and wise ways to those around us.