Why was Eve deceived in the garden, and not Adam? This is not a question of gullibility, but of vulnerability. In this message, Pastor Mike looks at the sensitive topic of biblical submission and what it means for women who follow Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Genesis 3:8-19. What are the great implications for mankind found in these verses? How do the contents of these verses impact your life here and now?
- “Men and women are equal in value, but different in role.” How has this biblical truth been distorted in society and in the church?
- Have you ever been wounded as a result of gender role distortion?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 5:22-33. What do these verses tell you about the nature of man? What do they tell you about Christ and the Church?
- In what ways is marriage a model of the Gospel?
- How does Jesus model both headship and submission?
- If you are married, what needs to change for your marriage to more closely reflect the Gospel of Christ? If you are unmarried and desire to be, what groundwork can you lay now so that your marriage will reflect the Gospel?
- In what ways can you encourage and build into the marriages of others that their marriage would more closely represent the Gospel?