Resurrecting the Resurrection
April 8, 2012 Mike MinterSermons1 Corinthians
The resurrection of Jesus Christ is often lost in the shuffle of legalism and moralism. Yet, the resurrection is a cornerstone of the Christian faith, as it authenticates Jesus' claims to deity. We are drawn to worship the false gods of legalism, moralism or society when Christ offers real freedom from them all.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What Easter traditions did you grow up with and/or still practice today?
- Read and discuss 1 Corinthians 15:12-19. What do these verses tell us about the nature of man? Of Christ?
- Based on the verses above, what is the importance of Jesus' resurrection? How is it a cornerstone of the Christian life?
- What is legalism? How has legalism influenced your walk with Christ?
- What is moralism? How has moralism influenced your walk with Christ?
- In what ways in your walk with Christ influenced by society/culture?
- In what practical ways can you as a small group encourage one another away from the false gods of legalism, moralism & society by pointing one another to Christ?