Remember, Part 2: The Blessings of Remembrance
When we remember God, we contemplate His glory and experience His presence. God has given us some amazing ways to enjoy His presence and all His benefits.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- Read through 2 Chronicles 34 & 35. What do these chapters indicate to us about remembering and forgetting? What do you observe about the character of the boy-king Josiah?
- Mike shared several means God has given us to help remember Him: The Word, tradition, song, fellowship and prayer. Where do you find examples of these in the account of Josiah? Can you think of other Scriptures that reinforce these means?
- Which of these five means of remembrance particularly resonate with you? Why?
- Which of these means of remembrance would you consider strengths for you and your family?
- Which of these means of remembrance would you consider weak areas for you and your family?
- Which of these areas would you commit to grow in? Share with your small group and ask them to help hold you accountable to remembering the Lord in that way.
- Spend some time in prayer thanking God for His grace and goodness for us in Christ. Pray that our church would be a people who are constantly remembering God's glory through all we have in Christ.