In Jesus we can have confidence in conflict, and we can worship amidst warfare because our God is faithful.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SMALL GROUPS
- How would you summarize this message? What was one thing in it that was particularly challenging or encouraging for you?
- What propaganda does our enemy use against us? What are the messages of this propaganda? How do you tend to be affected by them?
- Read and discuss Psalm 27. Where do you relate to the author as you read though this? What does this psalm tell you about God? How does it foreshadow Jesus?
- Do you sometimes find it difficult to believe that the kingdom of God is advancing? Why or why not?
- What is some “bad news” that you struggle with? How can you move toward confidence in God regarding that?
- What does it mean to “actively wait” on the Lord? What is one area of your life where you need to take courage and wait for the Lord?
- Where do you think God is calling you to “join the battle” in advancing His kingdom? What is holding you back? Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed.
- Are biblical humility and confidence at odds? Why? How does the gospel of Jesus enable a “humble confidence”?
- Read Psalm 27 each day until your Shepherd Group meets again. When you do so, spend some time in expectant prayer for the advancement of Gods kingdom in your life, family, community and church. Consider what steps you need to take to join the battle. Report back next week on what the Lord showed you through this.