Transparency before God and men brings healing to the soul.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- When did you first hear the good news of the Gospel of Jesus?
- Read and discuss Psalm 51:10-19. What does the text say? What does it mean? What should we do in light of this? How does it point us to Christ?
- How does David express his dependence upon God in this psalm? Why does this matter? What does it mean for us in terms of practical application?
- Where do you see your story intersecting with David’s in this psalm?
- Do you ever feel a tension between the weight of your sin and the grace of God that covers it? How does David deal with that tension here? How do you deal with it in your own life?
- Is there something God has saved you from that you can “leverage” for the good of others?
- Do you sometimes struggle to worship? Why do you think we sometimes take worship casually? How can we grow in the integrity of our worship?
- How does transparency before God and men bring healing to the soul? Is there someone in your life with whom you can be transparent?
- Is there hidden sin in your life that you need to be transparent about? Consider how the Lord might have you deal with that. Spend some time praying Psalm 51 back to the Lord.