Psalms: Getting to Know the Ways of God, Part 11 (Psalm 51)
We may not be 100 percent responsible for the conflict, but we are 100 percent responsible for our contribution to that conflict.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SMALL GROUPS
- What was something that was particularly encouraging or challenging for you in this message?
- What is sin? Why does it matter?
- Read and discuss Psalm 51:1-9. What does the text say? What does it mean? What should we do in light of this? How does it point us to Christ? What counsel is here for the human heart?
- “All sin is cosmic treason before a holy God.” How do you respond to this statement? What are the implications? Why does this matter?
- What is repentance? What does it mean to repent?
- In what ways does our society sell or promote sin? Where are you most susceptible?
- How do we tend to play a “percentage game” when we consider our sin and others’? How can this keep us from true repentance?
- How does the gospel of Jesus call us and empower us to repentance?
- What power does humility have in conflict and repentance? How have you observed this in your life or the lives of others?
- Is there something you need to take full responsibility for? What would repentance look like for that? Spend some time in prayer for what you’ve discussed.