Nature testifies, the Word of God specifies, and experience gratifies. And everything is satisfied in the person of Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing in this message that particularly encouraged or challenged you?
- What sights have you seen, or places have you visited, that have “declared the glory of God”?
- In what ways does nature testify about the glory of God? What does nature reveal about God and who He is?
- How does the general revelation of God in nature prepare a heart for understanding the truth and depth of the Gospel?
- In what ways does the Word of God give specific revelation about who God is and our relationship to Him?
- How do your experiences in life change based on your understanding of general and specific revelation?
- Read Romans 1:1-25. Based on this passage, what is the relationship between general and specific revelation? Why do people deny that God exists, in spite of the revelation displayed in creation?
- Do you value the revelation of God more than “pure gold”? Do you find yourself pursuing worldly possessions more than you pursue God through His Word? Spend time praying that God would give you an even greater desire for His truth.