Psalms: Getting to Know the Ways of God, Part 2 (Psalm 13)
The Bible does not hide from us the reality of real people going through real hardships. Ever since Adam and Eve sinned, “How long, O Lord?” has been the cry of humanity.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Read and discuss Psalm 13. Do you relate to this Psalm? Why or why not? What do these verses tell us about God?
- What is the progression from feeling to fact in this chapter? Why is this significant? What is the takeaway for us?
- Have you ever been in a “How long, O Lord” season of life? What happened? How did you deal with it? How did it affect your faith?
- “If life is a vapor, trials are a vapor.” How do you respond to this statement?
- Do you ever feel like God has “hidden His face” from you? “To see the face of God, look into the Word of God.” How do you respond to this statement?
- How do the apostle Paul’s words in 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 and Romans 8 frame our trials?
- How does the gospel deal with our pain?
- Is there an area of pain in your life where you’ve been counseling yourself? Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed and ask God to counsel you through the goodness of His Word.