Lord, let me view my life through the lens of Your Word, so that, whether I have a lot or a little, it would be clear that Jesus is the Hero of my story.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- If you could ask God for two things right now, what would they be?
- Read and discuss Proverbs 30:1-9. What theme(s) do you note here? What might this tell us about ourselves? What does it tell us about God? What does this tell us about worship?
- In what ways do we tend to make ourselves “the hero of our own story”? How do you specifically do this in your own life? What are the results?
- Do you tend approach God in repentance as you come to Him in prayer? Why is this important?
- Do you feel like you revere the Word of God? What do you think your life says to those around you about how you view God’s Word?
- What is “vanity”? How does it lead to idolatry?
- How can poverty or riches be pathways to idolatry? How can they be used for the glory of God? What makes the difference?
- Do you see Jesus as the hero of your story? Why or why not? How does this play out in your life? How can you grow in this?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Pray that the Lord would enable us to view our life through the lens of God’s Word so that whether we have a lot or a little, it is clear that Jesus is the hero of our story.