Proverbs: A Life of Wisdom, Part 12
We can see the future coming. Therefore, the fear of the Lord must be in place before it arrives. The fear of the Lord is the guiding principle for gaining wisdom.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What has challenged, encouraged, or helped you as we’ve gone through this series on Proverbs? Which message in the series did you find particularly beneficial? Why?
- How does the fear of the Lord…
- Bring you wisdom?
- Guide your words?
- Help you to not be a fool?
- Protect you from temptation?
- Help you avoid being a sluggard?
- Keep you from jealousy or envy?
- Turn you away from pride?
- Turn you toward generosity?
- Read and discuss Proverbs 8. What strikes you about wisdom from this chapter? Why is wisdom “more precious than rubies”?
- Based on Proverbs 8, and the messages in this series, what does a life of wisdom look like? How can you pursue that kind of life?
- Choose one or two verses from the book of Proverbs that you plan to make a special point of following in your life this year. Pray that the Lord would help you grow in wisdom.