When we exchange greed for generosity, we will be set free from the love of money.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- What is generosity? What does it mean to be generous? Share an example of generosity that you have seen or experienced.
- Read and discuss Proverbs 3:9-10 and Luke 21:1-4. What do these Scriptures reveal to us about ourselves? What does it tell us about God?
- What is it about the topic of money that tends to make most people uncomfortable?
- Do you think you are a generous person? Do you find that generosity comes naturally to you? Why or why not?
- “The world is exceptionally good at getting me to be generous to my favorite person – me.” How do you see this play out? How can you guard against it?
- How is generosity tied to our integrity? How does God “train our character” through regular, sacrificial giving?
- How do you see the “Cheerio Effect” play out in your life?
- How does the gospel show us God’s generosity toward us? How does the gospel propel us toward generosity?
- Spend some time thanking God for His unending generosity toward us in Jesus. Pray that God would help you “grow in the grace of giving” (2 Corinthians 8) in your life.