Scripture is full of detailed prophecies that have been fulfilled throughout history, and others that remain to be fulfilled in the future. What would it look like if we truly embraced the joyful anticipation of the promises to come?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing about this message that was particularly helpful, challenging, or encouraging for you?
- What is something you hoped for, but that has never come to pass? What is something you hoped for that did?
- Read and discuss Romans 15:4, Isaiah 46:9-10, and Luke 24: 44-45. What do these verses teach us about God?
- What is biblical prophecy? How is this distinct from predicting, guessing or hoping for the future? In what ways has “prophecy” been misused?
- Why is biblical prophecy a reason for hope? What are some biblical prophecies that are particularly dear to you?
- What would it look like if we truly embraced the joyful anticipation of the promises to come? Why is it important that we consider this?