Philippians: A Journey Toward Humble Joy, Part 15
Greed shrivels the soul. The remedy is generosity for the cause of Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- If you had to give a one-sentence synopsis of this message, what would you say?
- What is generosity? Do you consider yourself a generous person?
- Read and discuss Philippians 4:14-23. What do you observe about the partnership between Paul and the church in Philippi?
- Are you "dieting" in the area of generosity? Does generosity come easily for you? Why or why not?
- How does generosity build deep relationships and nourish the soul?
- In what ways does generosity reflect and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ? How does the gospel push us toward great generosity?
- What do you think your specific role is regarding generosity and the advancement of the gospel?
- Is there someone you can thank for their generosity toward you? Take some time this week to thank them.
- How can you grow in the grace of strategic, consistent, sacrificial giving? Spend some time thanking God for His generosity toward us and ask Him for creativity in growing in our own generosity in gospel-centric ways.