We will battle for contentment throughout our lives.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was something from this message that you found particularly helpful, insightful or difficult to grasp?
- How would you define "contentment"? What makes you content?
- Read and discuss Philippians 4:10-13. What is your initial reaction to these verses? What do you note about the character of Paul? What do you observe about contentment in this section of verses?
- What are the blessings of contentment? By contrast, what comes from discontentment?
- Where does the major battle rage for contentment in your own life?
- Why don't negative comparisons work in pushing us toward contentment?
- "In the light of spiritual riches, other things begin to dim." Have you observed this to be true? In what ways? What are "spiritual riches"?
- How does the gospel of Jesus Christ enable us find contentment in any situation? Is there a situation or circumstance you are currently dealing with where you are finding it difficult to remain content? Spend some time in prayer about this.