Philippians: A Journey Toward Humble Joy, Part 10
The eager expectation of eternity is one of the great neglected truths of our day.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What do you hope to discuss as a group from this sermon?
- Read and discuss Philippians 3:17-21. What do you observe about the person of Christ from these verses? What do you see about the leanings of man?
- Who can you think of that has been an example to you in your walk with Christ? What about them makes you want to imitate them?
- What does it mean to have citizenship in heaven (v. 20)? How does the gospel both enable and uphold your heavenly citizenship?
- Why do you think the expectation of eternity is a neglected truth of our day?
- Do feel you "eagerly await" the return of Christ? What daily, practical implications would/should this perspective have in the life of a Christ-follower?
- What role does suffering play as we look forward to eternity? How might this alter how we view pain & suffering?
- What is one area where you need to "connect eternity to the problems of life"? Spend some time in prayer together about this.