Of One Heart and Soul
God calls His church to draw near to Himself, hold fast to our confession, and stir one another to good works. The only way we can obey that call is by coming together as the body of Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing from this message that you found especially helpful, encouraging, or challenging?
- Why do we gather as a church? What should a church gathering look like? How should coming together as believers affect our whole lives?
- Read and reflect on Hebrews 10:19-25. Why would the original readers of the text found it revolutionary that “we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus”? How do we gain such confidence? What is the significance that Jesus is now our “great Priest”?
- What does it mean to “hold fast the confession of our hope”? How do you live this out in moments of doubt or temptation?
- How should your relationship to Jesus change the way you relate to other people?
- In 1 Corinthians 12, Paul reveals that every believer of Christ has a spiritual gift that is meant primarily for the good of the body of Christ. What do you feel like your particular gift or role is? Are you using it to serve the church? What would it look like if every follower of Christ at RBC took this call seriously?
- Spend some time in prayer, thanking God that He has given us access to His presence through the blood of Christ. Ask Him to increase your love for the body of Christ and show you how you can use your gifts to bless His people.