Where is God during moments – or seasons – of disappointment? He lovingly uses the disappointments of life to remind us that this is not our home and to push us closer to Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was something from this message that you found particularly helpful, insightful or difficult to grasp?
- "The line between expectation and reality is disappointment." Have you found this to be true in your life? Why or why not?
- Why do you think God allows disappointment?
- Read Luke 24:13-24. How does the theme of disappointment come out in this passage?
- How does disappointment remind us that this earth is not our home (Philippians 3:20)?
- How can disappointment push us to depend on Christ? Do you have examples of this from your own disappointments?
- How does Romans 8:31-39 provide a context for suffering, difficulty and disappointment in life? Is there a situation or circumstance you are currently dealing with that needs to be viewed through the lens of those verses? Spend some time in prayer about this.