All believers in Jesus have been called into a relationship with the Body of Christ where we share God’s truth with grace. Discipleship requires relationship.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Read and discuss Matthew 28:18-20, Hebrews 10:23-25 and Galatians 6:1-2. What do these verses say? What do they tell us about us? What do they reveal about God? What are the practical implications for us? What do they tell us about discipleship and community?
- What is discipleship? Whom are we to disciple?
- Discuss Pastor Osborne’s statement: “All believers in Jesus have been called into a relationship with the body of Christ where we share Gods truth with grace.”
- What do you think of when you hear the word “community”? What helpful or hurtful experiences have you had with community? What is the role of community in the life of a Christ-follower?
- Why should truth be communicated with grace?
- Do you have good, deep relationships with other believers? What “periphery” relationships do you need to build?
- “Real change only happens when God is at work.” Have you seen this to be true? Share examples.
- How can you grow in being intentional to disciple those whom God has put in your path, wheter family members or people from the community of believers around you?
- Spend some time in prayer thanking God for the people who have spoken His truth with grace into your life. Ask Him for the grace to speak His truths with grace into the lives of those around you.