Moses: A Reluctant Leader, Part 4
As our series on Moses continues, we see that the rewards of obedience are not instant. Rather, by faith, Moses endures. To endure in obedience to God is counter-intuitive and thus, counter-cultural.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Exodus 4:18 – 5:23. What do these verses tell us about God? About man? What do they tell us about the character of Moses?
- In what ways do the accounts from book of Exodus foreshadow Jesus and the gospel?
- Share a time when you’ve had to wait for the fruits of obedience. Have you ever had to suffer trial for the sake of being obedient to something God was calling you to do? What did God show you during that season?
- Why is the church often viewed as full of self-righteous, judgemental hypocrites? Has this view ever affected you personally?
- In what ways is obedience to God counter-intuitive and counter-cultural?