Though we may express it in different ways, we are all people of passion because we are created in the image of a passionate God. Passion is a useful tool for the kingdom of God, unless your zeal overcomes your discretion. In the life of Moses, we see the peril of passion as he rushes ahead and tries to force the hand of God.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Acts 7:17-29 and Exodus 2:11-25. What do you learn about the natures of God and man in these verses?
- What do you observe about the person and character of Moses from the verses above?
- How would you define “passion”? What was Moses passionate about?
- How did Moses allow his passion and zeal overrule discretion? What was the result? How have you seen this principle play out in your own life?
- In what ways did Moses foreshadow Jesus?
- What are you passionate about? How can the passions God has given you be used for His kingdom?