When you surround yourself with a community who truly understands the Christian faith, you are able to find true victory in your walk with Jesus.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly beneficial, insightful, or difficult?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 3:12-13 and Matthew 21:28-32. What do these verses tell us about the nature of man? How do they point to our need for community as we live out the Christian faith?
- Why is community such a key part of the Christian life? How have you experienced this?
- What misconceptions have you held, observed or experienced regarding Christianity?
- In a single sentence, how would you explain what the Christian faith actually is?
- In what ways do you struggle with self-righteousness? How does the gospel put this in perspective for us?
- What are some of the “one-anothers” of Scripture? What is one you need to grow in?
- Discuss this statement: “Biblical Christianity is often the reverse of what we portray to the world.” In what ways have you seen this play out?
- Who in your life is a “safe harbor”? To whom can you be a safe harbor?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Ask the Lord to help deepen the bonds of biblical community around you.