Understand that you will never fully understand the opposite sex. But if you seek to learn someone’s story, you might have more sympathy than judgment.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly beneficial, insightful, or difficult?
- Read and discuss Genesis 1:26-27, 3:6-13. How do these verses give us context for our struggles with sin?
- In what ways do we tend to hide our sin? What is the result of this?
- How does sin make us estranged from each other? What examples come to mind in your marriage or other relationships?
- Discuss this statement: “After the fall, the compliment became an impediment. What was complimentary became contradictory.” Consider your closest relationship with someone of the opposite sex. In what ways are you similar? How are you different?
- Discuss this statement: “Grace forgives but does not excuse.” How does grace help us deal with our struggles and others’? How do you apply grace biblically? What happens when grace is misapplied?
- How does understanding someone’s story help you empathize with them in their struggles?
- How can labeling someone according to their sin do further damage? By contrast, what labels does the gospel give us?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things y0u’ve discussed.