Love One Another
God not only highlights but elevates His command for us to love one another.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- What comes to mind when you think of the love of God?
- Do you think God loves you? Why or why not?
- Read and discuss 1 Peter 4:7-11, Colossians 3:12-14, Matthew 22:34-40, Galatians 5:13-14, Romans 13:8-10, John 13:34-35, and 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. What do these verses tell us about us? What do they tell us about God? What do we learn about love?
- What impact does the inclusion of the phrase "above all" have on these verses (particularly the verses from 1 Peter and Colossians)? How should we respond to what these verses are telling us?
- How have you been the recipient of others' love? What examples of others' love toward you stand out most in your life?
- How do you respond to this statement? "We love others best by loving Christ most."
- What does the gospel of Jesus show us about love? How does the gospel change or affect how we love one another?
- How can you reach out and show love to someone else this week? Spend some time praying and asking the Lord how He would want you to love this person in a tangible, practical way this week.