Looking for a City: The Life of Abraham, Part 4
What happens when God seems to contradict Himself? When we look rightly upon the eternal promises of God, the things of this life fall into proper perspective. Gospel-centrality must permeate every area of our lives.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Genesis 16:1-6. What do these verses tell you about the nature of man? Of God?
- Have you ever taken things into your own hands, even though you knew God was asking you to do something else? What happened?
- “Good or evil multiplies with compound interest.” In what ways have you seen this principle at work?
- Read and discuss Genesis 22:1-18. In what ways does section foreshadow the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
- Do you ever feel as though God is contradicting Himself in your personal walk with Him? Explain.
- What obstacles are currently in your life, keeping you from something God is calling you to? In what ways do you need to trust God in dealing with those obstacles? How can your Shepherd Group pray for you as you deal with those obstacles?
- How have you seen God work in the past that would lead you to trusting Him with your future?