Abraham was given a divine promise from God, which he believed – and the righteousness of God was credited to his account. This is the essence of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Genesis 15:1-6 and Galatians 3. What do these verses tell you about man? About God?
- What is the purpose of “the law” as described in Galatians 3?
- What is the relationship between Christ, faith, and the law?
- What does the term “belief in Jesus” really mean?
- How would you describe or explain “imputed righteousness” and “the great exchange” to someone not familiar with those terms?
- In what ways do people “mix” the Gospel (i.e., believing Jesus plus _____ saves)? What do you depend on besides or in addition to Christ for your salvation?