Abraham was a man “looking for a city that has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.” His life, in many respects, is a model for how we should live before God.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Genesis 12:1-3 and Hebrews 11:8-16. What do these verses tell you about the nature of man? Of God?
- What do the verses in the previous question tell you about the character and calling of Abraham?
- How does Abraham’s life “foreshadow” the Christian life?
- “God is ultimately the one who is always faithful.” What does this mean? What are the practical implications of this statement?
- “We’re from a place we’ve never been.” What does this mean? What are the practical implications of this statement?
- In what ways should we emulate the life of Abraham? What personal changes would this mean for you?