Being “in the middle” of anything often has a difficult or uncomfortable connotation. We know truths about God, but often do not know what to expect from Him. We live in tension between the truth of who God is and trusting Him for what He does.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read Mark 8:11-26. What do these verses tell you about the nature of man? What do they tell you about the person of Christ?
- “We know truths about God, but often do not know what to expect from Him.” How have you experienced this tension in your own life?
- Share a time when you did not understand something God was doing in your life. How did you respond?
- Have you ever felt disappointment in God? How do we resolve the tension between what our flesh tells us and what we know to be true about Him?
- What is the relationship between truth and trust in the Christian life?
- What does it mean to “rest in the person of Christ”? What would this look like for you in this season of your life?