During favorable circumstances, we often say “Life just doesn’t get any better than this!” – but perhaps life will only be better when we realize that life will never really be better “when”? Yet, the Bible does tell us that we should love life and see good days. There is an ultimate “when” for believers in Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss 1 Peter 3:8-12. What do these verses tell you about God? About man?
- What character traits from these verses enable us to “see good days”?
- How would you distinguish between compassion and sympathy?
- We as Christians should love life and see good days – we should enjoy this goodness each day as we have been granted this by God. How does it become a reality? How are we to love life and see good days?
- Where do you really find the love of life? Where do you really find those good days? What produces them even for Christians?