Can Christians still sin? Though sin no longer separates the believer from God in the ultimate sense, it is still a force very much active within us. When left unchecked, sin will kill the joy not only in our human relationships, but in our relationship with God. Be killing sin, or sin will be killing you.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Read and discuss Romans 8:12-17 and Colossians 3:1-11. What do these verses tell you about the nature of man? What do they tell you about the character of Jesus?
- Read and discuss Hebrews 10:12-18. In what way are we "perfected for all time"? In what way are we "being sanctified"?
- Sin, when left unchecked, will over time add up and kill the joy not only in our human relationships, but in our relationship with God. How have you seen this principle at work in your relationships?
- How do Christians "kill sin" or "put to death the misdeeds of the flesh"?
- How would growing in the knowledge of your own sinfulness help you also grow in your knowledge of grace, redemption and forgiveness in Christ?
- In what practical ways can you be "preparing your minds for action" (1 Peter 1:13, ESV) in the work of killing sin?
- How is the Gospel the "killing ground" for sin?
Here are some additional resources regarding killing sin and a list of the verses referenced in this teaching: click here.