To pray demonstrates confidence in God. To not pray demonstrates confidence in man.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Read and discuss James 5:12-18. What does this tell us about us? What do these verses tell us about God? What commands, encouragements or warnings are there for us to heed?
- What tension between the text and your personal experience do you note in this text? How do you deal with such tensions?
- How is prayer emphasized in these verses? What does this mean for us?
- What is the importance of considering context when studying the Scriptures?
- What is your view of miraculous healings or spiritual gifts of healing in our day & times?
- In what ways do we tend to cover up our sins? Why is it important to confess our sins to each other? How does this develop community and camaraderie?
- “To pray demonstrates a confidence in God. To not pray demonstrates a confidence in man.” How would you describe your prayer life?
- Is there something burdening your soul that you need to release? Spend some time in prayer together for this.