James: Living Out Our Faith, Part 17
God is not opposed to making plans. He is opposed to being left out of them.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Where were you and what were you doing when you heard about 9/11?
- Read and discuss James 4:11-17. What does this tell us about us? What do these verses tell us about God?
- In what ways do people in general “presume upon the future”? How does this tend to manifest itself in your life? In what ways do you tend to “boast about tomorrow”?
- What reminders has God put in your path to remind you of the brevity of life?
- How would you answer the question in verse 14 – What is your life?
- How do you respond to the statement that we are but “a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes” (v. 14)?
- Is there an area or situation in your life where you know the right thing to do but haven’t done it (v. 17)? What would it look like to apply the gospel there?
- Where in your life where you need to insert “…Lord willing…”? What plans have you made that you need to submit to the Lord? Spend some time praying together about this.