Your speech is the signature of your soul.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful or difficult to understand from this sermon?
- How has your life been “landscaped” by the power of the tongue? Who is someone who has spoken life to you? Who is someone who has spoken death to you?
- Read and discuss James 3:1-6. What do you note about the power of the tongue? What encouragements, warnings or commands are here for us to heed?
- What other verses do you know of that speak to the power of the tongue?
- What does it mean that the tongue is set on fire by hell (v.6)?
- How are the heart and the tongue related?
- How do you think you come across in your speech to others? Do you feel this is an area in which you need to grow? Why or why not?
- Who is someone to whom you can speak words of encouragement and life this week? Share with your group, then give a report at your next group meeting.