Technology is entrenched in daily life in 2012, and there seems to be almost no escape from the tools and gadgets that constantly demand our attention. Has modern society lost the ability to be silent, to “be still”?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- Confession time: How much time each day do you spend immersed in unnecessary technological distractions?
- What are some ways technology can be redeemed, or used for the glory of God?
- Read and discuss Proverbs 24:30-34.
- Make a new year's resolution (or two) that will help you "be still and know that I am God" in 2012.
- Spend at least a few minutes in silent reflection before the Lord as a group. Perhaps pray for His help to keep the resolution you just made.