Those who walk with God walk with those who walk with God.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing you found particularly interesting, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this Sunday?
- Skim through Genesis 5. Why do you think the text repeats “…and he died”? What are the implications?
- Read and discuss Genesis 6. What do these verses tell us about God and His character? What do they tell us about the nature of man? How do they point us to Jesus?
- How can the Lord be “grieved” (Genesis 6:6, ESV)? What does this mean, and what does it tell us about God?
- Dig in to Genesis 6:7. How do you react to this? Why did God choose to “blot out man whom I have created“(ESV)?
- What does it mean that Noah “found favor in the eyes of the LORD” (Genesis 6:8) and was “a righteous man, blameless in his generation,” who “walked with God” (Genesis 6:9)? Why is this significant for us?
- How does Hebrews 11:7 give us further context for Noah’s life?
- How do you respond to this week’s tagline? Those who walk with God walk with those who walk with God. How have you seen or experienced this? Why is it important?
- Are you living a life that shows that you believe God and what He says? How is your life different from the unbelieving world around you?
- In terms of walking with God, what adjustments do you need to make? Where do you need to obey God’s Word where you currently are not?