In the Beginning, Part 58: Judah Is the Key
Jacob prophesies that descendants of Judah will carry the royal scepter and rule his people until the one comes to whom the scepter belongs. Then He will rule the nations.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- Read and discuss Genesis 49. How is Jacob demonstrating great faith here? What hope is offered in this chapter?
- In what way is Judah a key figure in Genesis 49? What is the importance of this?
- How is Jacob’s blessing to Judah (Genesis 49:8-12) a “return to the Garden”? How does the imagery and language foreshadow Christ?
- What is one lesson or blessing you would pass on to your loved ones before you pass into eternity?
- In what way do you need to lean into the sovereignty and goodness of God despite the sins of your past?
- What is one thing you are thankful for as you consider God’s goodness? Spend some time thanking Him for what He’s done in your life.