In spite of the fact that we have fallen and failed time after time, God has been our shepherd and has gone before us. Our view of eternity guides our life of uncertainty.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- Read and discuss Genesis 48. What stands out to you? What is the significance of the blessing? Why did the younger son, Ephraim, get the blessing?
- What clues are in the text show us Jacob has become a man of faith? How have his “spiritual eyes” opened?
- How does the passage of time cause us the view things differently? How has your faith and perspective changed over time?
- Discuss this statement: Our view of eternity guides us through a life of uncertainty. How have you observed or experienced this?
- Spend some time in prayer, asking God to help you view life with an eternal perspective. Give thanks that though we have failed again and again, He is faithful and will see us through our earthly pilgrimage.