Every single link of Joseph’s life—the good, the bad, and the ugly—was leveraged by God to bring about His sovereign, glorious purposes. Each chapter of Joseph’s life shows that he continued to follow God, and that God was with him in all things.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing about this message that was particularly helpful, challenging, or encouraging for you?
- Read through and discuss Genesis 37. What do you note about Joseph’s life? In what ways does his life point us toward Jesus?
- In what ways can the difficulties of life tempt us to walk away from our faith? How do you navigate those moments or seasons?
- What examples come to mind when you think of people who have suffered well through adversity?
- How does the providence of God comfort us in times of both joy and pain?
- Discuss this statement: “The power of influence is greater than the position of authority.” How have you observed or experienced this?
- What happens if we associate God’s presence in our lives only with our feelings or emotions?
- How can we maintain a godly character through poverty or riches? Why can we trust God and His Word despite our circumstances?