By nature man is addicted to knowledge and allergic to wisdom.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly beneficial, insightful, or difficult?
- Read and discuss Genesis 30:25-36 and Mark 7:14-23. What does this “business deal” in Genesis 30 tell us about the nature of man? How do Jesus’ words in Mark 7 provide context? What do you note about the trajectory of sin in these sections?
- What would you consider to be your “life message”? What has shaped and formed that?
- What is the difference between knowledge and wisdom? In what ways are we “addicted to knowledge but allergic to wisdom”?
- How might taking biblical wisdom into our spheres of influence point others to Christ? In what ways have you observed or experienced this? How do you need to grow in this?
- Read and discuss Matthew 5:13-16. What does it mean to be “salt and light”?
- In what ways does the gospel of Jesus disrupt the trajectory of sin in our lives?
- Pray about the things you’ve discussed. Ask the Lord how He wants you to be salt and light in the places he’s given you presence and influence.