In the Beginning, Part 27: Looking Beyond the Promise
Temptation reveals the strength of our flesh. Testing reveals the strength of our faith.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What is one thing that you found particularly encouraging, inspiring, or challenging from this message?
- What is the difference between temptation and testing? Why is this distinction important?
- Read and discuss Genesis 22 and Hebrews 11:8-19. What does it mean that Abraham looked beyond the promise to its deeper fulfillment? How did he express that profound faith?
- What are some ways that this narrative points to the life, death, and resurrection of Christ?
- Can you think of any times in your life where you sensed that God was testing your faith? What did you learn about God, or about yourself, during that season?
- What does it look like to have a reverential fear of God? Do you believe that God sees that kind of fear in your life?
- Spend some time praying that God would increase your awe of Him and your love for Him.