We should all be pursuing deep intimacy with God, but that doesn’t mean we will all have the same experiences. Testimonies are not formulas.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SMALL GROUPS
- What was one thing you found challenging, insightful, helpful, or difficult to understand from this message?
- What do you think of when you hear the phrase “intimacy with God”? Would you say that you have an intimate relationship with God? How would you describe your relationship with Him?
- Read and discuss Genesis 18:16-22. What stands out to you about this passage? What is the significance of God’s question in verse 17, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do?“
- Who is someone whose walk with the Lord you greatly admire? What do you admire about them?
- In what ways could it be helpful to compare our walk with others’? In what ways is it unwise?
- How do we confuse personal intimacy with the Lord with personal experiences with the Lord? What are the implications of mixing these up? How have you experienced this?
- What “thirsts” has God given you in your relationship with Him? How can you engage with those in order to move toward deeper intimacy in your relationship with the Lord? Spend some time in prayer about the things you’ve discussed, and ask God to reveal to you a pathway of greater intimacy with Him.